HERIB has a proud history of over 140 years of supporting local people with sight loss.
Working for us means you will be part of an organisation that:
- Is the leading provider of services for people with sight loss in Hull & the East Riding.
- Is committed to being a contributing factor in helping people with sight loss and empowering them to improve their overall quality of life.
- Provides an ongoing programme of training and development for its staff.
- Is committed to employing disabled people.
- Is an equal opportunities employer.
- Provides a package of staff benefits including a basic health plan, sick pay and holiday entitlement.
HERIB receives many enquiries from individuals wishing to work at the charity. Whilst vacancies are rare, they do arise occasionally and all current vacancies are always posted on our website so please check back regularly.
Please note: Due to the number of enquiries received, we are unable to keep CV’s or letters of application on file.
Hours 14 hours (2 days)
To visit visually impaired people in their own homes, in and around the Hull area. Offer advice and information, delivery and demonstrate equipment, help with correspondence and filling in forms.
Good communication and listening skills, proven administration skills, car owner or appropriate vehicle, knowledge of benefits system and the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
Click here to view a full job description.
Please submit a CV with a covering letter to Julie Woolley email@example.com or HERIB Beech Holme, Beverley Road, Hull, HU5 1NF
Closing Date: 3rd October 2014
You may wish to consider alternative ways to work with HERIB including: